Sony have joined the party with manufacturers beginning to dish up 18x DVD burners over the past month or so. Today they unveil their DRX-830 series of multi-format DVD/CD burners, with three models to compliment the lineup. These are the internal DRU-830A, external DRX-830U and Macintosh and PC compatible external DRX-830UL-T.
The Dailytech fill us in on all the details folks.
Sony has announced its new DRX-830 series of DVD multi-format DVD/CD burners. The new 830 series arrive in three different models-the internal DRU-830A, external DRX-830U and Macintosh and PC compatible external DRX-830UL-T. All three drives are capable of burning DVDÂ±R media at 18x, a slight speed increase from current 16x drives. While DVDÂ±R media is burnt at 18x, DVDÂ±R DL media burning remains at 8x. Other supported media formats include DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R and CD-RW. All three drives are equipped with a 2MB buffer and feature Sony's Power-Burn buffer under-run protection technology.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:04 pm CDT
- How to Copy A DVD for Safe DVD Storage and Free Movie Playback
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- PlayStation 5's rumored heat issues should be solved in final console
- A $399 PlayStation 5 will conquer next-gen
- Sony isn't 100% sure COVID-19 won't delay PlayStation 5 and new games