Rumour spread quickly over the weekend regarding ATI's upcoming R600 GPU in that it would use a three-slot cooling solution and 8-pin PCIe power connector, not to mention word that it would consume over 250W of power as well!
After looking into it further, the Inquirer have come to the conclusion that none of this is true.
OVER THE WEEKEND, several sites got excited over a rumour that ATI's upcoming R600 graphics chip comes with triple-slot cooling, using an 8-pin PCIe power connector - so, a motherboard, not a 6-pin PEG (PCI Express graphics) slot.
The INQUIRER may often be branded a rumour site by colleagues who probably can't post true stuff due to the signing of some NDA-branded legal papers, but we remain at liberty to tell you that this story is cobblers.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- AI is outperforming experts at spotting breast cancer
- Konami: New Silent Hill game rumors are false
- Tesla slaps down 'sudden acceleration' petition to recall 500,000 cars
- Samsung Odyssey 2020 VR Headset leaked images back up bug-like design
- Facebook locking out users who report scammers and fake profiles