Although its been mentioned a few times recently that NVIDIA's next-gen G80 GPU is due for launch sometime around Oct/early Nov, turns out we're more likely to see it arrive early next yr now. According to the Inquirer, NVIDIA want to make sure their new weapon is 100% tweaked and ready to put up a strong fight against ATI's R600 GPU, also not due for launch until early next yr.
A FEW independent sources confirmed that G80 might actually come even later than everyone expects. We all expected this chip in October or November but it looks like the chip might be delayed even further.
We also know that the G80 tape out was a success and that the silicon is fine but Nvidia probably wants to tweak its chip as much as it can as it has a nasty competitor to fight. The R600 looks really good on paper but the good news for Nvidia is that ATI has already delayed its chip.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- The Last of Us Part 2 delayed indefinitely over coronavirus
- Xbox Series X delay still possible, Phil Spencer says
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- NVIDIA teases Cyberpunk 2077 themed GeForce RTX graphics card