HKEPC have scooped up some fresh info on Intel's upcoming "Kentsfield" processors, these being quad-core monsters which will be stamped as "Core 2 Quadro/Extreme" variants. They will apparently surface in November!
Intel recently released a memo to manufacturers indicating that the new quad-core processors are going to be announced this month. The first quad-core processors, codename Kenstfield, belong to as a part of Intel Core 2 Quadro family for mainstream market as well as Intel Core 2 Extreme family for high-end users.
Sources said Core 2 Quadro Q6600 would be the first quad-core processor to be released. It's a 2.4GHz with 4MB x2 L2 Cache and 1066MHz FSB model for advanced users. Yet its price is not determined. In addition, all quad-core processors for mainstream based on Core macroarchitecture belong to Intel Core 2 Quadro family.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 now passively cooled, costs $6000
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Origin PC unveils the M-Class studio desktop, a boutique for creatives
- ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro X: 17-inch laptop with Xeon CPU, Quadro GPU
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices