As mentioned last week, Western Digital have just recently embraced perpendicular recording technology with the production of their latest 2.5" Scorpio hdds, offered in sizes of up to 160GB.
For the peeps down under hoping to get their mits on one pronto, shouldnt be far away now as the aussie press release surfaced today incl. pricing on the 160GB model (set at an estimated $339).
Grab the press release here for further details.
"The new WD Scorpio 160 GB drives deliver the high capacity that many mobile computing users demand with WD's implementation of PMR technology, as well as exclusive features that result in meaningful end-user benefits," said Jody Bradshaw, WD's senior director and general manager of notebook storage. "With the introduction of our latest-generation WD Scorpio drives, WD offers mobile computing and portable storage customers the same outstanding quality, reliability and performance that have already earned WD a leadership position in the desktop PC market."
Pricing and Availability
Estimated pricing is AU$339 for the WD Scorpio 160 GB drive from WD authorised Australian distributors.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:04 pm CDT
- Project Scarlett won't get VR gaming, Microsoft doesn't care about VR
- Western-style fast-food diet linked to brain and memory impairment
- Leaked PlayStation 5 devkit photos show new DualShock controller
- Xbox Lockhart going digital-only at launch would be a mistake
- Digital E3 2020 show cancelled, ESA has no plans to host online event