According to the Inquirer, ATI's upcoming R600 graphics processor wont see the light of day before next year (a february launch at the latest). NVIDIA will be smiling as this will allow them to kick off G80 with as much as a three month lead.
WE EXPECTED to see R600 up and ready by the end of the calendar year but it looks like we are out of luck this time.
The acquisition of ATI made things and people a little bit insecure and out of focus, so the chip won't be read for December as originally planed.
We are sure that R600 team has got some problems as well but it looks like they can handle it but with a delay of course.
It looks like Nvidia's G80 will be out before but R600 still looks more attractive. This is what our own Charlie Demerjian reported he other day, here. Nvidia might have up to three months lead with its new high end product and this is a lot.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?