Daaaamn, these Core 2 Duo chips certainly love to overclock! NordicHardware have reported that a member of the XtremeSystems forums has managed to wow the crowds with a massive overclock using his Core 2 Duo E6300 chip, pushing it from its stock speed of 1.86GHz to 3.74GHz.
Doesnt seem like much? Well considering the fact that he accomplished it on AIR (with a ThermalTake Big Typhoon), a 100% overclock aint too shabby at all eh?
Intel has with its well tested 65nm manufacturing process managed to create a really efficient foundation for its Core 2 Duo processors and that the Core architecture has enormous overclocking potential is hardly news to anyone. But what the user Rol-Co at XtremeSystems has managed to do is truly worth mentioning. He has taken a regular Core 2 Duo E6300 processor, week 26, and pushed it from its stock speed at 1.86GHz to impressive 3.74GHz. An overclock at 100% which is impressive, but the fact that he has used a regular air cooler, ThermalTake Big Typhoon, is what really tops it all off. And to make it even more impressive is that the cooler is not even mounted.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:04 pm CDT
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15: because one screen isn't enough for gaming
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA
- Apple's new Mac Pro costs over $50,000 with 1.5TB upgrade costing $25K
- Intel cancels 10nm on desktop, 14nm to hold out until 2022?!
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett specs: 12TFLOPs, 16GB RAM, 3.5GHz Zen 2 CPU