VIA have just launched their new "carbon free" C7-D processor with a lowly power consumption of just 20W at 1.8GHz.
"With an optimal blend of power efficient design, productivity driven performance, and advanced security features, it gives us great pride to offer the VIA C7-D processor as the world's first Carbon Free computing solution," commented Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "In offsetting of carbon emissions produced through the processors' operation, VIA is very excited about contributing to projects around the world that will improve the quality of our environment, and enable us as a company to give back to the community."
The initial offsets for the VIA C7-D processor are being done in cooperation with Carbon Footprint Ltd, a leader in carbon footprint management.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Gaming industry carbon emissions is equal to 85 million refrigerators
- In 8 years every Xbox One X console produces 1 ton of carbon emissions
- Microsoft announces climate change plan, will be 'carbon free' by 2030
- IMF's climate change solution: tax carbon at $75 per ton for 10 years
- Earth's solar system position plays a major role in climate change