Fujitsu have now started producing hard drives based on perpendicular recording technology, these new drives being their 2.5" "MHW2 BH" series which range in size from 40GB to 160GB.
Tokyo, August 30, 2006 - Fujitsu Limited today announced the new MHW2 BH series of hard disk drives (HDDs) for mobile PCs, its first 2.5" HDD offerings to incorporate advanced perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR)(1) technology for enhanced storage capacity. Two new models, the 160GB MHW2160BH (which boasts the industry's highest storage capacity for a 5,400 rpm HDD), and the 80GB MHW2080BH, will go on sale worldwide from October 2006.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PlayStation 5 won't use memory cards, supports third-party SSDs
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Only PlayStation 5 next-gen exclusives will tap SSD's full potential
- PlayStation 5 rumor: 'Unstoppable Speed' Samsung SSD at 6GB/sec