Intel have officially kicked off their new mobile Core 2 Duo processor lineup today, otherwise known as "Merom". Specs for the mobile versions are basically identical to the desktop models (which is definitely a good thing). Expect some blitzen' fast notebooks to surface in the near future from manufacturers such as Dell, Lenovo, Sony and more.
Intel's official announcement can be located here, and there's plenty more coverage on Merom as per the linkies below :-
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 28, 2006 - Laptops around the world are getting a make-over as systems based on Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology are now shipping with Intel® Core2 Duo mobile processors inside, Intel Corporation announced today.
More than 200 Intel Centrino Duo mobile technology-based designs from PC manufacturers, resellers and integrators around the world will incorporate the new Intel Core 2 Duo processor (formerly codenamed "Merom") this year. The Intel Core 2 Duo processor, launched last month, has garnered widespread acclaim and is already shipping in the company's other premium platform for consumers, Intel® Viiv technology-based entertainment PCs.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:04 pm CDT
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15: because one screen isn't enough for gaming
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett specs: 12TFLOPs, 16GB RAM, 3.5GHz Zen 2 CPU
- Apple's new Mac Pro costs over $50,000 with 1.5TB upgrade costing $25K
- Pokemon boycott didn't work, Sword and Shield sell 6 million copies
- Star Wars-themed Instant Pots: Darth Vader, R2-D2, BB-8 options