Yet another new card surfaces on the market with the incorporation of a HDMI interface. ASUS's EAX1600PRO/I/256MB is ideal for home theatre PCs and the like, and according to the official announcement will hit shelves very soon with a price tag of around $229 AUD.
For full details, grab the announcement here folks.
Sydney, Australia: August 24, 2006 - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS), the leading provider of high-performance graphics solutions, today announces the launch of its new EAX1600PRO/I/256MB graphics card incorporating the HDMI interface to deliver high-definition audio and video performance with a single cable.
The EAX1600PRO is powered by the ATI X1600PRO VPU. Its low profile design perfectly matches the more compact modern Home Theatre PCs. This card also adopts S/PDIF-in for receiving digital audio to combine with high-definition video signals though the HDMI port.
To offer TV-level visual quality on monitors, the EAX1600PRO adopts an ASUS exclusive feature, Splendid Video Intelligence Technology, which enhances image quality in different video applications.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- HDMI cable with RGB lighting for up to $200, because why not?
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15: because one screen isn't enough for gaming
- ASUS ROG ZENITH II Extreme Alpha: mobo with 64C/128T chip costs $5000
- ASUS launches new GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6 with 'space-grade lubricant'
- ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro X: 17-inch laptop with Xeon CPU, Quadro GPU