Just when you thought DVD burners were all one and the same these days, Lite-On have managed to fire off a new model with a noteworthy difference. Their new LH-18A1P manages a write speed of up to 18X and should be popping up in the market sometime in October this year.
Lets hope media to cope with this write speed doesnt take too long to show up! - More details at CDRInfo.
While many people thought 16X would be the maximum writing speed for DVD±R, Lite-On IT is one of the companies pushing the limit. Lite-On's first 18X drive, the LH-18A1P is expected to be available from October 2006.
The LH-18A1P makes DVD recording quicker than ever before. The drive can write both DVD+R and DVD-R at 18X, thanks to SmartWrite technology. Double and Dual layer discs can be written at 8X. Besides DVD±R(W) compatibility, this drive also incorporates Super AllWrite technology and therefore rewrites DVD-RAM discs at 12X.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- How to Copy A DVD for Safe DVD Storage and Free Movie Playback
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones
- Revised 16nm Switch Tegra SoC hacked with modchip
- Mass Effect writer: BioWare's new games are based on market research
- Switch hits 15 million sales in North America, or 40% of global sales