Although Intel's quad-core Kentsfield processor isnt set to surface for a good while yet, some lucky lads over at the XtremeSystems forums have somehow managed to get their mits on engineering samples, and you guessed it.. overclocked them to all buggery! But this one takes the prize, a member by the name of "Stoolman" ramped his stock 2.66GHz quad-core chip right up to a blitzing speed of 4.9+ GHz.
Well I'm letting my Kentsfield go, due to the expenses of my hobby... So, before i let it out of my hands.. I had to have another go at it...
Using my new Asus P5W DLX LN2 and a 7950 GFX.
Kentsfield E6700 2,67GHz Quad
Asus P5W DH bios 801
G.Skill 8000GBHZ@ 3-3-3-4-2-A-D
OCZ Powerstream 600W sli
Club 3D Geforce 7950GX2@air with no mods
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NASA has opened up a flawless extraterrestrial Moon rock from 1972
- EVGA's new GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER ULTRA+ feature overclocked GDDR6
- ISS receives shipment of wine, but astronauts can't drink it
- Coronavirus scientifically confirmed to be 80% the same as SARS
- Scientists pinpoint exactly how the human body is killing coronavirus