Following recent news which made mention of NVIDIA's approval toward the unification of GPUs and CPUs, The Inquirer have just spread word that AMD-ATI will soon be giving it a shot! After all, they are certainly in the best possy to attempt it.
ENGINEERS from AMD and ATI companies are going to start working on a unified chip that will have GPU and CPU on a same silicon. We learned this from high ranking sources close to the companies, more than once.
Don't get too excited as it will take at least eighteen months to see such a dream come true.
This is the ultimate OEM chip, as it will be the cheapest way to have the memory controller, chipset, graphics function and CPU on a single chip. This will be the ultimate integration as will decrease the cost of platform and will make even cheaper PCs possible.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:04 pm CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5 to outsell Xbox Series X in 2020, analyst predicts