Details have surfaced over at the Inquirer a short while ago in regards to an upcoming motherboard from DFI which boasts an integrated X700 GPU by means of the new ATI RS690 chipset for AMD Socket-AM2. With the implemented Radeon X700 graphics processor and RS600 southbridge, the board sports such features as DVI, HDTV-out and HDMI connectors, four S-ATA-II ports, eight USB 2.0 and two Firewire connectors - eight channel HD Audio is integrated as well, courtesy of Realtek's ALC chip.
It is no secret that the company made reference motherboards for Intel in the past - but now the company's goal is to start attracting lucrative OEM business which is set to take off with AMD business desktops from Dell, Lenovo, HP in the fourth quarter of this year.
Under the name Infinity RS690-M2/G, DFI will introduce a brand new chipset to the market, offering a complete unit for cost-effective oriented PC builders. Basically, it's a product where you only need to put the processor, RAM and storage - and you have a working, low-cost computer.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- ASRock unveils new TRX40 motherboards for AMD's new Ryzen Threadripper
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate crosses over with legendary Tetris blocks
- ASUS ROG ZENITH II Extreme Alpha: mobo with 64C/128T chip costs $5000
- ISS Astronaut suits ready, first all-female spacewalk on October 21st
- SXSW 2020 is officially canceled due to the coronavirus outbreak