A new DVB-S2 capable PCI-Express based dual-tuner card has just entered the market from Micronas, they call it the "MicSidewinder 2D-X". It sports a ton of nice features for your home theatre setup, as detailed in their official announcement here folks.
Freiburg, Germany, August 8, 2006 - Micronas (SWX Swiss Exchange: MASN), a leading supplier of innovative application-specific IC system solutions for consumer electronics, today announced the launch of MicSidewinder® 2D-X, a dual-tuner DVB-S2 PCI Express® card reference design for home theater solutions. Each channel of the MicSidewinder 2D-X supports the new DVB-S2 standard enabling full HDTV quality, as well as the legacy DVB-S standard for SDTV. Equipped with two symmetric receiver channels the design enables PiP and PVR applications.
Micronas worked closely with STMicroelectronics, the world's leading supplier of ICs for set-top boxes, and CyberLink to create a production quality reference design that is truly ready for the living room. Compatibility with Windows XP Media Center and CyberLink's PowerCinema Home Theater application makes a PC equipped with MicSidewinder 2D-X a complete PVR capable satellite receiver system.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PCI Express 6.0 spec reaches rev 0.3, final due in 2021, up to 256GB/s
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- Some PlayStation 5 launch games are next-gen exclusive
- PlayStation 5 to support 8K gaming, Sony confirms