Broadcom leaves Qualcomm takeover lust after Trump block

President Trump blocks Broadcom from acquiring Qualcomm, now Broadcom has abandoned the deal.

@anthony256
Published Wed, Mar 14 2018 10:34 PM CDT   |   Updated Tue, Nov 3 2020 11:52 AM CST

Broadcom has been going after Qualcomm for months now, which led into US national security concerns and even President Trump standing in and blocking the takeover last week.

Broadcom leaves Qualcomm takeover lust after Trump block | TweakTown.com

The presidential order said there was "clear evidence" of a US national security concern, with Broadcom able to "take action that threatens to impair the national security of the United States". Broadcom said in a statement regarding the order that the Singapore-based company "strongly disagrees that its proposed acquisition of Qualcomm raises any national security concerns".

Qualcomm rejected the hostile takeover bid from Broadcom multiple times, while the Committee on Foreign Investment in the US (CFIUS) operating under the Treasury Department, investigated the national security threat and determined there were multiple red flags, and now the deal is dead.

Anthony joined the TweakTown team in 2010 and has since reviewed 100s of graphics cards. Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.

Newsletter Subscription

Related Tags

Newsletter Subscription
Latest News
View More News
Latest Reviews
View More Reviews
Latest Articles
View More Articles