Seems the ATI branded logo will be no more in the not too distant future, rather we'll start to see AMD branded RADEON graphics cards and the like.
It looks like this acquisition just might be the death of ATI. At least as a brand name, that is. CustomPC had the chance to interview AMD's Gareth Carter, who stated assuredly that after the deal is finished, "The new company will be called AMD."
Richard Baker, Marketing Manager for AMD in Northern Europe, also weighed in during the interview, saying that it was unknown whether the familiar Radeon brand name would bite the dust as well. "'We haven't made any final decisions yet," he said. "But I'd personally be very surprised if we dropped any of those product names. The ATI company name is definitely going, though."
UPDATE: According to this latest report at CustomPC, the ATI logo may well be sticking around after all, at least for a while.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- McFarlane Toys making Johnny Silverhand Cyberpunk 2077 action figures
- 16 years later, NASA says goodbye to the Spitzer Space Telescope
- Rumor: Capcom is developing 'Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake' for 2020
- Valve sells out of new wave of Valve Index in less than 30 minutes
- Elgato teases Project WAVE, the new best entry-level streaming mic?