I don't know an enthusiast who doesn't know what GPUz is, and in my workflow it's used daily, but now TechPowerUp releasing GPUz v2.8.0 that includes a huge list of improvements.
The team has worked on driver crash issues for AMD's new Raven Ridge GPUs, with new GPUs like the Radeon RX 460 Mobile, RX 560 Mobile, RX 570 Mobile, RX 580 Mobile, RX 550 based on Baffin LE now supported under GPUz v2.8.0. For the change log on GPUz v2.8.0:
- Fixed crashes and other issues on AMD Ryzen Raven Ridge
- Added DXVA 2.0 hardware decoder info to Advanced Tab
- "Disable sensor" menu item now properly called "Hide"
- Improved VRAM usage monitoring on AMD
- Improved rendering performance of NVIDIA PerfCap sensor
- Improved AMD power limit reporting in Advanced Panel
- "MemVendor" is now included in XML dump output
- Fixed NVIDIA PerfCap sensor drawing outside its area
- Fixed "BIOS reading not supported" error on NVIDIA, on some motherboards
- Fixed HBM memory type detection in Advanced Tab on Fury X
- Fixed temperature misreadings on Vega
- Fixed "Digital Signature" label getting truncated on some hidpi screens
- Added support for RX 460 Mobile, RX 560 Mobile, RX 570 Mobile, RX 580 Mobile, RX 550 based on Baffin LE
You can download GPUz v2.8.0 here.
- > NEXT STORY: Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE