According to this news over at the DailyTech, we could be seeing holographic storage technology enter the market as soon as the end of this year. Hitachi-Maxell will be the guns to bring the goods, first said to be offered as 300GB models with plans for 1.6TB offerings by 2010. Yeah bring it on!!
High-definition video. Data archiving. Medical imaging. Massive databases. These are just some of the applications driving the need for faster, higher capacity storage. Regulatory compliance requirements have also pushed this need into the forefront for many IT departments. InPhase's holographic storage solutions meet the rapidly growing storage demands of business, government, medical, and educational institutions.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- 100+ American's on petri dish coronavirus cruise ship blocked from US
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased
- Only PlayStation 5 next-gen exclusives will tap SSD's full potential