If any of you have been holding out for an Intel G965 based motherboard (still not yet available) to go with that snappy Core 2 Duo chip, here's a word of advice - Dont!
IT IS OLD news that the G965, AKA Broadwater is having problems. The latest embedded graphics chipset was unveiled at Computex to a crowd mainly glad to see that it had stopped raining outside.
The chip still is nowhere to be found, but luckily, early word from multiple sources is not encouraging.
It seems the last and more common stepping, C1, is a mess, with image corruption problems on top of the previously mentioned speed problems.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Google Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XL: 90Hz display, and oh-so-much more
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA
- Intel struggles continue to ryze: Samsung to help Intel make CPUs
- Intel cancels 10nm on desktop, 14nm to hold out until 2022?!
- Stardew Valley's 1.4 update touches on 'everything' in the game