NVIDIA have just unveiled the world's first dedicated Visual Computing System (VCS) in their "QuadroPlex 1000", available in 3U rackmount or desktop configurations. There are three seperate models announced, each differing in GFX related specs / performance capabilities.
SIGGRAPH 2006-BOSTON, MA-August 1, 2006- NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, today ushered in a new era of advanced visualization for the professional graphics market with the introduction of the NVIDIA Quadro Plex 1000, the world's first dedicated Visual Computing System (VCS).
By delivering an order-of-magnitude increase in levels of productivity and capability for advanced visualization, the NVIDIA Quadro Plex offers advanced scalability in a sleek desktop or dense 3U rackmount configuration for demanding professional applications such as those powering multiple streams of 4K high-definition video, 3D styling and design, scientific and medical visualization, oil and gas exploration, or visual simulation and training.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Quantum milestone reached: world's first quantum computing benchmark
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!