AMD have just recently revealed more information about their upcoming ultra hardc0re enthusiast-oriented platform, "4x4"; this based around a dual socket solution allowing for quad-core mayhem!
In a demonstration session for the media at its Silicon Valley headquarters yesterday, AMD revealed a few more details about its plans for its upcoming enthusiast-oriented platform, code-named 4x4. As we reported earlier, 4x4 will be a dual-socket solution for enthusiast and gaming PCs. Representatives from Nero, Luxology, VoodooPC, and Microsoft were on hand to speak about the value of multithreading and the emergence of what AMD calls the "mega-tasking" usage model, a purportedly new way of using a PC that will be intimately familiar to TR readers. I called it having "umpteen different windows open running a zillion things with your hair on fire"-way back in 2002.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Phison at CES 2020, up to 8TB M.2 along with 16TB SATA QLC powered SSD
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Hardly any devs are making next-gen PS5, Xbox Series X games
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Gears 5 likely to get ray tracing support on Xbox Series X