THE DEAL IS SEALED! AMD are in fact acquiring ATI for $5.4 Bill. This press announcement on AMD's website appeared just a short time ago.
Update: Stacks more info relative to the acquisition can also be found at this section of AMD's website folks.
NEW YORK -- July 24, 2006 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) and ATI (TSX: ATY, NASDAQ: ATYT) today announced plans to join forces in a transaction valued at approximately $5.4 billion. The combination will create a processing powerhouse by bringing AMD's technology leadership in microprocessors together with ATI's strengths in graphics, chipsets and consumer electronics. The result: A new and more formidable company, determined to drive growth, innovation and choice for its customers, particularly in the commercial and mobile computing segments and in the rapidly-growing consumer electronics market. Combining technologies, people, and complementary strengths, AMD plans to deliver in 2007 customer-centric platforms for the benefit of customers who want to collaborate in the development of differentiated solutions.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Xbox Series X 12 TFLOP GPU confirmed, 4x Xbox One CPU and 8x GPU power
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X SSD is revolutionary, changes Xbox gaming forever
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020