I've discovered this over at The Tech Report just a short time ago. A rumour has surfaced regarding Apple's next-gen iPod, according to this article at EEtimes the next iPod's graphics engine will feed off an NVIDIA graphics chip!
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Nvidia Corp. has apparently won a major design win for Apple Computer Inc.'s next-generation video iPod product line - at the expense of Broadcom Corp., according to an analyst.
Apple's current video iPod line is said to use an MP3 processor from PortalPlayer Inc. and a multimedia chip from Broadcom. The chip designs have been up for grabs for the next-generation video iPod, which has been delayed and due out in the first half of 2007.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:02 pm CDT
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020