Although still way too pricey to be considered a mainstream form of media storage just yet, it's good to see Sony have released a Blu-ray Disc Recorder selling at only $750 (compared to the $1,000ish price tags slapped on other models released to date).
Sony has released its BWU-100A Blu-ray disc drive for computer systems. The BWU-100A is a standard 5.25" PATA disc drive with playback and recording support for Blu-ray discs. Playback of Blu-ray movies will be supported with the BWU-100A, however, an HDCP compliant graphics card and display is required to playback protected AACS content. A high definition display is also required to experience the full 1080 lines of high definition goodness.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:02 pm CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- PlayStation 5's rumored heat issues should be solved in final console