Come July 24, AMD intend to slash prices significantly on their Athlon64 line of processors, this being AMD's best way of counter-acting Intel's very powerful Conroe (Core 2 Duo) desktop chips, at least for the time being.
HKEPC have a chart posted up amongst other details which gives you a full understanding of just how much is being shaved off some of these processors. For instance, the Athlon 64 X2 5000+ is currently tagged at $649 USD but when the price drop takes place it will fall by a whopping 56% to $282 USD !!
In the previous plan of AMD price-cut on July 24, it's curious that AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 (2.8GHz/1MBx2 L2/1GHz HT) was excluded in the list. To compare with Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2.93GHz/4MB L2/1066MHz FSB), it's no point for AMD to maintain its price in the battle. The final answer has come, AMD decided to drop Athlon 64 FX-62 from $999 to $799, 22.5% lower, according to the latest price list from AMD. The drop is also scheduled on July 24. Meanwhile, AMD has announced the pricelist for Q4 as well. Yet it has no effect on the AMD desktop processors.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:02 pm CDT
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Intel's continued reaction to Ryzen: Intel CPU prices to be halved?!