Just recently its been made known that Microsoft intend to give Apple a big punch towards the end of the year with the introduction of a portable media player which they hope will be the answer to finally killing off the dominant iPod trend. To be sure it has a good chance of doing so, Microsoft are going a step further with their offering, doubling it up as a gaming device similar to the Nintendo DS and PSP.
Internally codenamed for now, Microsoft call it the "Argo" and Engadget have obtained a shot of it from an insider working on the project (naughty naughty!).
The DailyTech have all the details.
Engadget has posted a picture of what looks to be Microsoft's much talked about iPod competitor. The site claims that they were sent the image from an insider working on the project -- if true, they'll likely be looking for a new job if J. Allard gets wind of this. According to a recent article from The Seattle Times, the internal codename for the new portable media player (PMP) is Argo; Microsoft's homage to Greek mythology.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- 6 ways to protect yourself from coronavirus COVID-19 at home and work
- Scientists find evidence that coronavirus COVID-19 is airborne
- Xbox Lockhart going digital-only at launch would be a mistake
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- CD Projekt RED has no reason to sell to Microsoft