According to HKEPC, AMD's next big bad boy (the FX-64) is due for release sometime in Q4 this yr; a 3GHz part sporting 2x1MB of L2 cache and kept in 125w TDP like the FX-62.
Based on AMD's latest roadmap, HKEPC also make note of the various TDP ratings on current and future Athlon 64 X2/FX processors.
Sources indicates that AMD Athlon 64 FX-64 is lunching in Q4, clocked at 3GHz, possessed 1MB x2 L2 Cache, and kept in 125 TDP. It is expected to price at US$1031, while AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 will drop to US$999, fighting with Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800. As expected, Intel also plans to release new Intel Core 2 Extreme into this war.
Besides, with 65W TDP already existed in Athlon 64 X2 4600+(2.4GHz/512KBx2 L2), 4200+(2.2GHz/512KBx2 L2) and 3800+(2GHz/512KBx2 L2), AMD is going to expanse 65W TDP to the whole Athlon 64 X2 family in Q3. Athlon 64 X2 5000+ will appear in both 65W and 89W TDP versions, priced at US$465 and US$403, while the new Athlon 64 X2 5200+ (2.6GHz/1MBx2 L2) has 65W TDP only, priced at US$541.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Intel Core i9-10900: 10C/20T at 5.1GHz coming on 14nm+++ in 2020
- Black Shark 3 gaming phone: 90Hz display, 12GB RAM, liquid cooling, 5G
- Intel recalls Xeon E-2274G because they included a crappy fan
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14: AMD Ryzen 4000 CPU + NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPU