The DailyTech have brought to light the introduction of SiS's latest mainstream motherboard chipset for Intel Pentium 4/D processors, the SiS662. They note that unfortunately its likely this chipset WONT support Conroe, however SiS's upcoming 672 chipset will definitely support Intel's Conroe goodness and also has an integrated DirectX 10 compatible GPU.
SiS has announced nine motherboard manufacturers have adopted its mainstream SiS662 integrated graphics chipset for Intel processors. These manufacturers include first tier manufacturers such as Asus, Foxconn and ECS. Current available SiS662 motherboards include the Asus P5SD2-MX, Universal abit SG-95, ECS 662-M, DFI 662-TMG, Foxconn 6627MA-RSH, MSI 662M, PC Chips P31G, PC Partner SiS662MS7-Z06 and Shuttle FS30.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:02 pm CDT
- AMD Zen 3: 600-series chipset will have USB 4.0 support in late 2020
- Half-Life 4 announced: Valve confirms it cannot count to 3
- Intel Core i9-10900K: 10C/20T CPU + Z490 platform drops in April 2020
- AMD's new sTRX4 socket: future-proof, supports 64C/128T on desktop
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts