The perfect accessory for consoles could have just been released, with Marseille's new mCable Gaming Edition, which features a built-in "intelligent graphics pixel processor".
Marseille's special herbs and spices inside of the mCable Gaming Edition is the VTV-122x series chip, which comes with some pretty damn good features. Marseille explains just how the contextual anti-aliasing (CXAA) method removes jaggies, without introducing more motion blur. The company explains: "mCable's patent pending 'Contextual Processing' engine automatically recognizes various elements of the rendered image such as edges, texture and other proprietary details context. It analyzes every single pixel to repair it in the most suitable way for that pixel".
They continue: "By emulating critical human eye perception, it re-creates every pixel for a more realistic rendering. With this unique capability, mCable achieves advanced anti-aliasing filtering which fixes jagged edges and removes shimmering effects from the texture without noticeable blur. Using mCable Gaming Edition as an additional graphics processor, it can remove up to 75% of graphics artifacts while at the same time retaining all the valuable details game designers want you to enjoy. mCable Gaming Edition also supports 24p film mode. It automatically detects film content, enhances and up-scales to Ultra-HD and 4K Cinema format that are certified by Technicolor, a technology leader in Hollywood for more than 100 years".
The mCable Gaming Edition comes in three sizes: 3/6/9 feet for $119/$129/$139. You can use the cable for any HDMI-capable device, be it a Blu-ray player, STB, gaming PC, consoles, and more.
Check it out:
VTV-122x Family Key Features
4K VIDEO PROCESSOR
- Up-conversion of 2D/3D content up to 4K 30Hz and 1080p 120Hz
- Contextual processing
- Adaptive edge enhancement of lines and curves for improved video and user interfaces
- Adaptive sharpening and noise reduction to refine video content
- Sub-1ms latency processing keeps video game players in the action
- Brightness, contrast, saturation, color mapping
HDMI INPUT AND OUTPUT
- Integrated HDMI receiver and transmitter with 4K and 3D support
- Resolution: 480i up to 2160p
- RGB,YCbCr 4:4:4 and YCbCr 4:2:2, 8/10/12-bit
- 2160p 60Hz YCbCr 4:2:0 pass-through support
- 120Hz / HFR (High Frame Rate) support
- HDMI 2.0 Interoperability Safeguard
- Enhanced Device Interoperability