The lads at Anandtech have scored a review sample of Abit's new AB9 Pro motherboard, based on one of Intel's latest chipsets to compliment their yet to be released Conroe (Core 2 Duo) processors, the P965. If you're dead set on going Conroe once the chips become readily available, this review's well worth the read.
As we mentioned in our Computex 2006 coverage, the rejuvenation of Abit was one of the more welcome surprises of the show. Abit was the top manufacturer of enthusiast level boards just a few short years ago and catered almost exclusively to the overclocking community. However, Abit found itself in serious trouble over the past couple of years as its product portfolio expanded to include video cards and a wide range of motherboards from the low end value segment to the upper end enthusiast sector. In essence, Abit tried to expand into areas where it did not have the manufacturing expertise or cost advantages to compete with the larger tier one manufacturers. As a result, Abit lost focus on its core competence, the enthusiast and overclocking market, and allowed DFI to become the number one brand name in an area where users are highly passionate about their products.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:02 pm CDT
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- Scientists reveal when coronavirus COVID-19 will peak in your state