The Inquirer have just discovered a nice little treat for owners of dual-core based AMD processors, a piece of software linked off AMD's website which allegedly improves gaming performance by bypassing Windows' API in some specific situations. Interesting!
This utility helps that software access the RDTSC instruction directly, in order to correct the Time Stamp Counter on separate cores. It effectively keeps both cores working in parallel and reduces the differing video performance effects, or any other flaws that relate to timing situations in dual-core or upcoming multicore processors.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Hardly any devs are making next-gen PS5, Xbox Series X games
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says