Driver Heaven have scored some PC2-8500 modules from Geil and Corsair to test on Abit's latest AN9-32X Fatality motherboard (based on the AMD AM2 platform). They push both modules to their limits and find out which ones offer the best timings/performance on on this feature packed motherboard.
Last month we took our first look at AMD's new AM2 platform which comes complete with DDR2 support up to DDR2-800 specifications. Of course memory which is rated higher can still be used on AM2 boards and both Corsair and GeIL recently released high specification sticks for AM2 consumers. Today we will be comparing both products in order to establish which is the best purchase for the AM2 performance enthusiast, this includes finding out if either can run at the very low timings of 3-3-3-8 when set to DDR2-800. Additionally we'll take the world's first look at Abit's new Fatality AN9 32x SLI motherboard. Abit are not the first to market with an AM2 board however they do produce some of the most feature packed products which perform to the highest level."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Cyber Weekend deals on Corsair products at Amazon - top deals here!
- Corsair's new VOID ELITE and HS PRO headsets rock Discord-ready mic
- Corsair unveils suped-up Corsair ONE and Corsair ONE PRO gaming PCs
- Corsair's new Vengeance PC is all AMD, baby!
- Big O combines PC, PS4, or Xbox in one box, on sale now