New drivers from ATI have been made available for download today. The 6.6s introduce a Windows Media Center Edition Video Conversion utility amongst the usual array of bug fixes and performance tweaks. You can learn more about these changes via the release notes posting on Warp2Search.
Also, dont forget to check out our latest performance analysis article comparing them to the previous 6.5 Catalysts.
Catalyst 6.6 introduces a Windows Media Center Edition Video Conversion utility. This utility will allow users to convert video content that is either recorded or available to Media Center Edition to a variety of different formats. The video content can be converted to MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4/AVC and Windows Media. iPod video and Sony PSP's are also supported with an optimized profile for these devices.
Catalyst 6.6 includes support for NTSC/ATSC and PAL/SECAM/DVB-T products based on the Theater 650 Pro TV Tuner chip. The Theater 650 Pro is a new chip from ATI for multimedia cards and DTV-on-a-chip solutions, integrating hardware video encoding, digital audio and with noise reduction, and hardware PVR functions in a single chip.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 drivers are optimized for COD: Modern Warfare
- New GeForce drivers ready for Detroit: Become Human, MechWarrior 5
- GeForce 441.20 drivers are ready for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- GeForce 441.08 drivers out: supports GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER and more
- F1 cancelled, drivers will instead play on the PC and stream online