A fresh announcement from NVIDIA today welcomes their new "NVPerfHUD 4" performance analysis tool; a robust profiling and visual debugging heads-up display (HUD) program for Direct3D applications supporting DirectX 9 and Windows XP on select NVIDIA GPUs.
The coolest thing about the release of this powerful new tool is that recently surveyed GPU software developers who have been making use of it have reported average performance improvements of up to 35%!
For the full scoop, check out NVIDIA's official announcement here folks.
Part of the NVPerfKit 2 suite of performance tools for software and game development, NVPerfHUD 4 allows developers to quickly debug and profile applications by using data from the application, driver, API, and GPU.
"NVPerfHUD 4 has instantly become one of our primary tools for performance analysis, optimization, and art testing," said Richard Sim, graphics programmer at Relic Entertainment. "Just when I thought NVPerfHUD couldn't get any better, NVIDIA came up with even more useful features - notably the Frame Profiler Mode - which add a whole new level to graphics performance analysis on the PC."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- 7 Best PDF Editors for Windows
- NVIDIA delays GTC announcement of Ampere GPU over COVID-19 coronavirus
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds