More and more phone manufacturers are ditching the 3.5mm headphone jack, and there have been some rumors that Samsung might to the same with the Galaxy S8 and S8+. However, the company decided to keep it, at least for now.
With the Note8 launch around the corner, many began to question if the device would keep the headphone jack, or join the numerous other phones that lack this feature.
According to a new leak, a photo of the Note8 case, the phone will have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
A little over a month ago, an alleged schematics of the Galaxy Note8 leaked also showing a headphone jack.
It is safe to assume that Samsung will stick with the headphone jack, at least for the Note8, but we will have to wait until August 26th for the final confirmation.
The Note8 is rumored to be powered by Qualcomm's yet to be announced Snapdragon 836 and come with a dual rear camera setup. We've also heard rumors that the phone might come with 8GB of RAM, which is double from the 4GB of RAM that the Galaxy S8 has.
The phone is expected to come with a fairly high price tag of somewhere between $1,000 and $1,100.
Last updated: Dec 16, 2019 at 05:34 pm CST
- New Samurai Jack game is a time-traveling 3D hack-and-slash adventure
- Borderlands 3's first DLC has you robbing Handsome Jack's casino
- Enter our 'Yesterday' Blu-ray giveaway today!
- OnePlus will tease next-gen Concept One smartphone at CES 2020
- LG V60 smartphone: huge 5000mAh battery, return of headphone jack
- > NEXT STORY: Total War gets new spinoff series
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Nintendo will continue testing mobile monetization