NVIDIA are once again in the spotlight, having just officially announced the industry's first multimedia platform for windows mobile-powered handheld devices (running Microsoft's Windows Mobile 5.0). This brings 3D, video and high-definition audio support to a new wave of mobile devices.
Grab this announcement for all the details folks. Additional info can be sourced at this page on their website, and two seperate accompanying PRs were also passed on in relation to the new MobileMedia platform, as linked below :-
SINGAPORE - JUNE 7, 2006 - NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, today announced the availability of its MobileMedia Platform for handheld devices running Windows Mobile 5.0.
Designed to enable handheld manufacturers to rapidly design and release digital, media-rich devices with Windows Mobile 5.0, the NVIDIA MobileMedia Platform is a complete development kit containing all of the hardware and software components, with examples for delivering everything from smooth Digital TV and video, to incredible 3D graphics for gaming, to high fidelity audio.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- PlayStation Vita is dead for good, Sony won't make another handheld
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts