Another announcement from NVIDIA today highlights a deal with notebook manufacturer "Acer" in which their GeForce GPUs with PureVideo HD technology will be implemented into some of Acer's "Aspire" series notebooks for HD DVD movie playback.
The announcement resides here folks.
"With the Acer Aspire 9800, 9510 and 9110 series, our goal was to create notebooks with HD-DVD movie playback quality that rivals living room players. This is a complex project involving diverse components such as video acceleration, content security management and software support," stated Campbell Kan, Head of Mobile Computing Business Unit, Acer Inc. "NVIDIA provided the ideal top-to-bottom solution that enabled us to meet our goals and get to market on time."
Last updated: Dec 29, 2019 at 09:45 pm CST
- How to Copy A DVD for Safe DVD Storage and Free Movie Playback
- Acer teases new ConceptD 7 Ezel laptop at CES 2020
- Acer Predator 43-inch 4K 144Hz display now shipping for $1499
- Acer Predator Thronos Air: down from $29,000 to 'just' $13,000
- Acer Predator CG552K: 55-inch 4K 120Hz OLED gaming monitor costs $2999