If this news pertains to be true then we'll see one of the biggest sudden shifts in the IT Industry since... well... the dawn of the computing age! - OK, well maybe thats going a bit too far but this would be a massive jolt that many companies would feel the effects of.
Advanced Micro Devices may be looking to buy graphics company ATI Technologies, a move that would benefit the overall graphics industry, according to RBC Capital Markets.
"The synergies of this seem consistent with the recent announcements by AMD to significantly increase capacity over the next few-years," wrote analyst Apjit Walia in a note to investors Wednesday. "We believe ATI is a rare-buy in the semiconductor space right now given the near-term tie-up dynamics."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Astronomers identify first heavy element made from neutron star merger
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Gears 5 likely to get ray tracing support on Xbox Series X
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says