Valve and HTC want you to be more social in VR, leading Valve to announce their new beta testing of SteamVR Home.
SteamVR Home will see players finding their avatars and wearables in a new space, with virtual environments being in high resolution that "support animations, sound, games, and interactivity".
If you happen to find a new VR home that you like, you can choose to open it up to the public - or keep it for yourself, and invite friends for some VR hangs. In order to opt into the Steam VR beta, you'll need to :
- Open Steam on your desktop
- Find SteamVR in your Library under Tools
- Right click and go to Properties
- Select the Betas tab and pick SteamVR Beta from the dropdown
- >> NEXT STORY: Xander Cage is back in our 'xXx' Blu-ray giveaway
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Microsoft Research shows off prototype AR technology