Hexus have just posted up more evidence of Intel's upcoming Conroe platform kicking arse against the newly launched AMD AM2 platform (and existing AMD S939 / Intel Presler platforms). The benchmark results certainly put a dampner on the excitement of AM2 surfacing today.
Should AMD be concerned? Unless AM2 has a secret "turbo" function hidden within its circuitry waiting to be unleashed, i'd be thinking theres some sweat falling onto the floor at AMD headquarters.
HEXUS has managed to run a complete set of benchmarks for two speed grades of Intel Conroe CPUs in our HEXUS labs - guaranteed free of bias - and we've compared their performance to the Presler Extreme Edition 965 and, uniquely, to today's baby from AMD, its Athlon 64 FX-62.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- The benchmarks Intel doesn't want you to see, 3950X stomps i9-10980XE
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X