AMD have made some noise today with the official launch of their new Turion 64 X2 Mobile CPUs.
No doubt it was ATI's intent to tie in the launch of their new RADEON Xpress 1100 mobile chipset with the big announcement from AMD today.
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- May 17, 2006 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology, the first and only family of 64-bit dual-core processors designed for thin and light notebook PCs. AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology allows people to get more from their mobile lifestyle through long battery life and outstanding performance, even when using multiple applications simultaneously, including demanding digital media applications.
Continuing its technology leadership, AMD also is bringing 64-bit computing to the Mobile AMD Sempron processor family. Now AMD delivers the only complete mobile product portfolio offering the ability to seamlessly transition between 32- and 64-bit computing.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:02 pm CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020