Western Digital have just recently announced that they're now shipping their latest RE2 (RAID edition) 500GB SATA drives which sport 16MB cache, NCQ, and a 3.0Gb/sec transfer rate.
LAKE FOREST, Calif. - Apr. 4, 2006 - Addressing a growing enterprise market for high capacity, highly reliable storage, Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) today announced it is now shipping its WD RE2 (RAID Edition) 500 GB SATA hard drives. With 3.0 Gb/s data transfer rate, WD RE2 hard drives feature Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and 16 MB cache for improved performance in multi-user, random I/O environments. WD RE2 hard drives are designed for network attached storage, direct attached server storage and video surveillance environments that require 100 percent duty cycle and carry a 5-year limited warranty.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Magic Leap jumps the shark from consumers to businesses
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices