Alongside the release of their new 7600/900 graphics cards, the next big talk of the day is NVIDIA's official announcement on the implentation of SLI technology for the notebook segment. Imagine your poor battery trying to cope with two GeForce Go 7800 GTX GPUs in an SLI configuration, ouch!
CEBIT 2006-HANNOVER, GERMANY-March 9, 2006-NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in graphics processor technologies, extends its acclaimed NVIDIA® SLI technology to notebook PCs for the first time. Delivering new levels of visual realism at extremely high-definition resolutions, SLI technology enables two NVIDIA GeForce® Go 7800 GTX graphics processing units (GPUs) to be used in notebooks based on the NVIDIA nForce®4 SLI core-logic solution.
The GeForce Go 7800 GTX was the first top-of-the-line notebook GPU to deliver performance on par with desktop PCs, and provide the gamer with enthusiast-class performance on the road.
Hexus were lucky enough to get some hands on, as they have a play with Rockdirect's Xtreme SLI Laptop. and TGDaily reports on NV partner's Alienware and Eurocom having announced SLI equipped notebooks today. Furthermore, SLIZone also carry a listing of partners to be introducing SLI-equipped notebooks to the market.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- NVIDIA multi-GPU checkerboard rendering appears in new GeForce drivers
- NVIDIA delays GTC announcement of Ampere GPU over COVID-19 coronavirus
- Tech whistleblower: YouTubers paid by NVIDIA for product placement