PC hardware manufacturer FOXCONN plan to make a bit of a scene at CeBIT this yr. We'll be seeing them enter areas of the industry which they haven't ventured into before, and it sounds like they've really done their homework based on the details residing in their recent announcement.
HANOVER - March 6, 2006 - FOXCONN, a leading manufacturer of major components for servers and personal computers, today announced at CeBIT 2006 the development of a new set of performance benchmarks for computer components, and issued a call for the industry to begin using performance measures that are relevant to consumers and enterprise customers.
"We have reached a stage in the evolution of the computing industry where the price-clock speed ratio is losing meaning, said FOXCONN Channel Service Division General Manager Vincent Yuan. "FOXCONN is addressing this by developing a multi-dimensional performance measuring system."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- Astronomers identify first heavy element made from neutron star merger
- Amazon pulls out of MWC 2020 over coronavirus fears
- Halo: Infinite esports announced before actual gameplay reveal
- Netflix tease first full Witcher TV show trailer with new short clip