Soon to kick off is one of the world's largest ever global gaming events (not all too unlike ABIT's ACON5), coinciding with the launch of CeBIT 2006. "KODE5" will involve 100,000 gamers from 16 countries to battle it out for their chance of fame and glory. The main purpose of the worldwide tournament is said to try and help raise the awareness of this 'sport' and show the masses how competitive and popular multiplayer gaming is nowadays.
For the full scoop, check out the official announcement folks.
(Undisclosed Location) - March 1, 2006 - We are bigger than the NBA. Bigger than Music. Bigger than Movies. We all know the importance of gaming. Now is the time to bring this message to the masses. With more than 300 million gamers world-wide, we contribute more than US$35 billion to corporations to fuel our habits. Now we want more control and more respect. Now is the time to be recognized for our skills and dedication. The Global Gaming Revolution is approaching. The event is KODE5.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- iBuyPower Black Friday deals you can't miss
- Activision hires Google ecommerce, transaction pro as new president
- Amazon's best Cyber Monday deals for PC & console gaming
- Project Scarlett won't get VR gaming, Microsoft doesn't care about VR