Following suit with other leading HDD manufacturers, Western Digital have today announced the release of their 500GB S-ATA hard drive with 16MB cache and native command queuing (NCQ).
Head over to WD's website for the full scoop.
LAKE FOREST, Calif. - Jan. 26, 2006 - Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) today announced it is shipping its new high-capacity 500 GB Serial ATA (SATA) WD Caviar® SE16 desktop-class hard drives. Providing a half terabyte of capacity for data-intensive applications such as graphic design, digital video editing, personal video recorders and advanced business computing, WD Caviar SE16 500 GB drives also deliver high 7,200 RPM performance with 300 MB/s transfer rate, 16 MB cache and Native Command Queuing (NCQ).
"The WD Caviar family of hard drives delivers the reliability and performance that customers expect from WD," said Don Bennett, WD vice president and general manager of desktop storage. "The extreme capacity and high performance of this drive address a variety of demanding applications and expand WD's portfolio of storage products. From 6 to 500 GB, WD offers a diverse range of hard drives to meet our customers' wide-ranging storage needs."
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:02 pm CDT
- Half-Life 4 announced: Valve confirms it cannot count to 3
- Is there an Alternate Reality Game hidden inside of Half-Life: Alyx?
- Half-Life: Alyx is the best PC game of 2020 on Metacritic
- Valve pushes out new Half-Life: Alyx update 1.2, new features and more
- We might see Half-Life: Alyx playable without a VR headset soon