If you've seen anything on Konami's upcoming Metal Gear Survive, you'll know why the internet cast it into flames - it doesn't look like anything we've seen from the Metal Gear franchise so far... but did series creator Hideo Kojima have anything to do with it? Of course not.
During an interview with IGN, Kojima said: "That's nothing to do with me", with Yoji Shinkawa - a former designer on the Metal Gear series adding: "If I had worked on that game, it would have mechs in it". Kojima then added: "The Metal Gear games are about political fiction and espionage. Where do zombies fit in with that?"
Destructoid makes a good point in their article, saying that "Metal Gear Solid V had zombies in it, so what is the difference?" - yeah, what is the difference, Kojima?
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:05 am CDT
- Hideo Kojima's next project may be an interactive film-game hybrid
- Kojima's films will be short, games are still his core focus
- Silent Hills may not be dead, Kojima possibly teases game's return
- Hideo Kojima stars in Death Stranding as Hideo Kojima in new deepfake
- Kojima Productions is now four years old
- > NEXT STORY: Google's new Pixel, Pixel XL smartphones teased again
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sony boss: its 'very tough' to see upgradeable consoles