Today marks the launch of AMD's new flagship FX-60 processor, a dual-core offering with 1MBx2 of L2 cache and operating at a frequency of 2.6GHz, effectively making it an X2 4800+ with an extra 200MHz on tap.
A number of popular sites around the web take it for a blast to see what the performance is like in varying types of tasks. Check out all the coverage via the below links folks :-
- Hot Hardware
- Tech Report
- Trusted Reviews
- XBit Labs
AMD's official press release can also be read over at their website.
SUNNYVALE, CALIF. -- January 10, 2006 --As part of AMD's ongoing commitment to deliver the industry's highest-performing PC technology, AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the immediate availability of the AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 dual-core processor, the world's ultimate processor for PC enthusiasts. Providing exceptional PC performance on games, digital media and intense applications, the new AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 dual-core processor will allow enthusiasts to experience the next generation of multi-core supported games and applications using AMD's most powerful PC processor ever released.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- AMD's new Korean RRA certification listing: our new Big Navi tease?